In recent years, the development of economic cooperation between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan has gained accelerated dynamics. There has been observed an active implementation of the unused potential of cooperation in the field of foreign trade, mutual investment and the expansion of cooperation ties.
The mutual trade turnover of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan is distinguished by a stable growth.
The indicators of foreign trade between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan increased significantly and there has been observed a stable growth for the first ten months of 2021.
- trade turnover increased by 36.5% to USD 3.2 billion,
- export by 30.5% to 950 million dollars,
- imports by 39.3% to USD 2.2 billion.
Mutual trade between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan was represented by the following consolidated commodity groups:
export of Uzbekistan to Kazakhstan:
- food products - USD 185.8,
- millionmachinery and equipment - USD 325 million,
- chemical products and articles thereof - USD 86.7 million,
- energy carriers and oil products - USD 5.5 million,
- metals and metal products - USD 57 million,
- services - USD 122.4 million,
- others - USD 493.5 million.
imports of Uzbekistan from Kazakhstan:
- food products - $ 766.4 million,
- machinery and equipment - $ 140 million,
- chemical products and products from them - 58.5 million dollars,
- energy carriers and oil products - $ 251.2 million,
- metals and metal products - $ 470 million,
- services - $ 30.9 million,
- others - $ 170 million.