Uzbekistan has trade relations with 135 countries of the world. Its share in total foreign trade with Pakistan is 0.4%, exports 0.8% and imports 0.2%.
Share of mutual trade between Uzbekistan and Pakistan:
- Food, beverages and tobacco products accounted for 49%. Of these, 26.50 million dollars accounted for imports and 62.93 million dollars for exports.
- Industrial goods accounted for 33%. Of these, $0.80 million accounted for imports and $59.20 million for exports.
- Chemicals and products accounted for 12%. Of that, $20.19 million was imports and $0.71 million was exports.
According to the Ministry of Justice, the presidential decree "On ratification of the international treaty" was adopted on February 25. The president approved the agreement on transit trade with Pakistan.
In accordance with the document, an agreement on transit trade between the governments of Uzbekistan and Pakistan was approved. The agreement was signed on July 15, 2021 in Tashkent.
The Ministry of Investment and Foreign Trade, the Ministry of Transport and the State Customs Committee were designated as the competent authorities responsible for implementing this international agreement.
"The Cabinet of Ministers and the heads of relevant ministries and departments will ensure the fulfillment of Uzbekistan's obligations after the entry into force of this international agreement."
The agreement, signed on 15 July, was announced by Shavkat Mirziyoyev during the visit of Prime Minister Imran Khan of Pakistan at the meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission and the Uzbek-Pakistani Business Forum.
In addition, the followings were signed:
- A protocol on cooperation in military education between the defense ministries of the two countries;
- program of cultural exchanges for 2021-2026;
- memorandum on mutual understanding of tourism issues;
- protocol on the exchange of preliminary information on goods and vehicles crossing the state border;
- memorandum of understanding between the University of World Economy and Diplomacy and the Pakistan Academy of Foreign Service, an agreement on the establishment of the Uzbek-Pakistani Business Council.
- Agreement on the establishment of the Uzbek-Pakistani Business Council.